WORLD JOY PROJECT/PROGRAM PRIORITIES
1.Curriculum Development Teacher Training for a Model School - $3,000 - $5,000 per School
2.Learning Centre Educational Materials - $500
3. Akwadum JHS In Progress
4. Abrenya Catholic Jr. High - $50,000
5. Ekorso/Akwadum Catholic Primary School
6. Wekpeti DA KG - $40,000
7. Asamama Methodist Primary School –
8. Akwabuso Primary School –
9. Akropong Catholic KG –
10. Mampong Primary -
11. Sankabanse KG –
12. Scholarship Program – Sponsor a high school student for one year - $2,000
13. Community Learning Center Program. Designed to provide a variety of community-based learning programs for children and adults (literacy, reading hours, computer training, vocational development, parenting, etc.—programs are determined by community interest and support). Estimated 2 year budget--$20,000.
14. Community Health Education Program. A comprehensive health education manual for use by community health workers and trained village volunteers has been developed by WJ. A systematic approach to village education is now being encouraged by the Health District. A simple evaluation strategy is also needed to measure reductions on sickness and mortality. An on-going in-service training and community education program will cost $7,500 per year.
15. District Leadership Skills. Discussions have been held with district leadership (District Executive, Health and Education District Directors) on the need for strengthening local leadership skills, in order to forward the health & education work in the District. Critical skills needed by local leadership. The Arbinger Institute has offered free training to district leadership. $15,000 will support one cycle of training.
16. Abomosu Presbyterian Primary School Construction. Old Building is in serious disrepair. New Construction required. Estimated cost: $50,000.
17. Days for Girls
17. Enyeresi Hospital Needs
18. Awenare RCH –
19. Larbikrom CHPS Compound –
20. Tumfa CHPS Compound –
21. Akwabodo (Outreach Services)
ON-GOING PRIORITY NEEDS:
1. Books. There is a continuous need for locally produced books of all kinds (classroom texts, reading books at all levels [Kindergarten to Adult], & reference materials. Donations of $10 and upward enhances both school and community libraries.
2. School Uniforms. All Ghanaian school children are required to wear uniforms. A donation of $12.50 will purchase one uniform for a child in classes K-9.
3. Health Unit Furnishings. Clinics are poorly furnished and equipment is needed for basic primary care. Donations of $25 or more help improve health services.